AuthorMessage
Draven
Site Owner
Site Owner

Female 431

Character Sheet
Other Characters:

PostSubject: Shadows of Blood   February 2nd 2017, 5:19 pm

Her sharp nails dragged lightly over the still sharp blade of the sword mounted over the fireplace. It was a sword she had once wielded in her first husbands name when he became King Ragnar. Would she have to hang another beside it? Though they were at odds; of sorts, with one another, he almost always checked in like clock work. He was Vitae for the Aluka and would have wanted to keep tabs on his Children. She had put Kenyon in charge for the duration of Dasani's absence, but now Draven would have to consider someone as his replacement if things did not go well. Her heart ached but it was more so from lonliness than anything else. How long had it been since she had just simply enjoyed the company of another? A good conversation with a glass of Bloodwyne in front of the fire. It was companionship she craved the most. A pair of arms hold her tight, whispering in her ear that everything would be alright.

With a near inhuman snarl of rage, the Montriarch picked up the empty crystal decanter sitting on the low marble table beside the fireplace and hummed it into the flames of the fire. It shattered into a thousand pieces, exploding in a rain of heavy glass. Instinctively she knew that there would be no good news about her estranged husband and daughter. Every fiber told her that they were gone. Ashes. Dust. How many loved ones had she buried over the centuries? Too many. Reaching up, she ran the palms of her hands over her face, but it did nothing to eliviate the emptiness inside of her.

"My dear, you really must stop this wallowing." At the sound of the voice from her doorway, her head turned, dark eyes glittering dangerously. Karise, the Vitae of the Spectral stood leaning against the door frame, his arms crossed casually over his chest. He was ruggedly handsome with nearly glowing sapphire eyes.

"I do not wallow, Karise."

"If you wallowed anymore, you would be a lump of self pity."

The Montriarch arched a single brow. "Are you intentionally trying to piss me off?"

The Spectral Elder raised his hands in a gesture of surrender. "No, darling. I heard from Angelique about our newest family member. I came to check on him personally but it would seem you have him taken care of."

"He would not have lived had I not-"

He moved then, placing a gentle hand on her shoulder. "Draven, I am not questioning your decision, nor your judgement. You are Montriarch, our Queen. We trust you. I know Dasani did not agree with much of what you had done with Sanguine, but he is not here to question your motives. You have lead us for the better part of a thousand years. He, only a few centuries. I love him like a brother but he could be a pompus ass sometimes."

She snorted faintly. "That would be putting it politely, Karise." She sighed softly. "I feel..out of sorts. Almost empty, Karise. I am tired."

He placed his index finger beneath her chin and tilted her head up so she looked at him. His piercing gace roamed over her face.

"You're not giving up on us, are you?"

"No."

His eyes searched hers for a moment before he dropped his hand by his side. "Good. You know that we love you, Draven, but this pain you're feeling is not something I can heal."

The Montriarch gave another sigh. "I know. I mourn for what we used to have. I miss that comanionship."

"You are lonely, D. It is natural, especially with the long lives we have. What may seem like a short time to mortals feels longer for us and we cherish everything more. There is no need to feel as if you are dishonoring Dasani if you seek out companionship. He invoked the Blood Ritual, effectively dissolving your marriage before he left for Europe. You are a single woman again. Enjoy it."

With that, the Spectral left, leaving her estate just as silently as he had entered.

She knew Karise meant well, but his words seemed to only make the emptiness worse. Everything she had felt since Dasani declared he wanted the Blood Ritual performed all came crashing down around her. A near strangled cry slipped from her lips and she dropped to her knees before the fireplace, hands covering her face as the Montriarch wept tears of blood.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://blood.phpbb9.com
Fallon Haestus
Site Owner
Site Owner

Male 40

Character Sheet
Other Characters:

PostSubject: Re: Shadows of Blood   February 7th 2017, 11:27 am

Fallon had been busy the past 48 hours since he had awoken within this very estate that he now stepped from a common taxi cab into the gravel driveway of.  The first night of it had been spent with Draven in one of her cars, and had included such highlights of Sanguine as clubs, bloodline estates and many other locations before Fallon had insisted to  Draven that on his absolute best behavior he needed to venture out into the streets on his own, to learn of the flow of the city.  He had not needed to reassure her, nor had she asked for such reassurance, but Fallon had also sworn to turn no one into one of his new bloodline.  She honestly had rather ignored the very statement itself.

Despite what their conversations about Sanguine and his new role within it entailed, he still just couldn't shake the feeling that he was a guest, and needed to behave as such, like a civilized person.  At some point between then and now he had considered that he had a very different perspective now that he had met Draven than he had when he first arrived, and it significantly curbed his kleptomaniacal behavior.  But it was absolutely on such a matter that he had returned here to speak with her now.  As much as he had received enlightenment from his talks with Draven and his look around, he had become equally disturbed.  This was both with himself and with what he saw around him during that time.  

As he strode up toward the large doors of Draven's estate mansion, he had only his proposal in mind and the plans that aligned with it that he had already set into motion, and was stacking himself up to the tasks ahead as he lifted his hand to knock forcefully upon the door when it opened in front of him.  The man that stood on the other side was handsome, and seemed equally dismal and cheerful all at once when he made direct eye contact with Fallon, something that made him feel insecure.  It was his eyes, they felt as though they pierced through you somehow, and this was in equal measure still to their promising quality that he did and meant no harm.  It made Fallon very uneasy at once, something that he would hoard secretly in the future.  

"Well, well.  It's you.  You look far-off from the clump of flesh Angelique described you as night before last."  Said the man rather nonchalantly  to Fallon, who had no idea who he was.

"Erh, pahdin.  I ain't of tha knowin' of you, and I donnoah who Angelique is.  But, yeh, I guess.  Clump a flesh sounds right on."  Fallon replied, an ever-changing confused and curious expression flickering about his face as he responded in his guttural and mangled Irish-English accent that was somewhat difficult to understand.

He neither approached nor retreated from the door.  He was not quite sure who the guy was, but he was a disturbing individual by Fallon's account already.

"Easy, there.  I'm Karise.  Angelique was the girl who saved you the other night." Karise got out, one of his hands held out in a very nonchalant manner.  "Welcome to the Council, as well as to Sanguine, our little slice of gothic Heaven."  

Uneasy, but won't to display the fact, Fallon shot out his hand and clapped a firm, but non-competitive, hand into his, shaking it thrice with a dawning smirk on his face.  He didn't remember Angelique.  He did remember that someone, a girl, had helped him up from the street and into a building before Draven's presence came and overwhelmed everything else around her.  Vague and fleeting memories whispered through his mind, fragmented words, feminine voice, called him a little boy, or something to the effect of age.  Then they were gone and forgotten.  Fallon's head briefly shook very subtly before he released Karise's hand.

"Fallon, Fallon 'estus.  And tanks for the welcome, I 'preciate it.  Hind-sight is 20/20, I shudda been lookin' 'bout for ano'vah vampire when I arrived, would 'ave been a might smoover."  He responded, thick and lush with the accent still, but with an utterly cheerful resonance to his voice.  It seemed an easily spotted feature of Fallon's was a lack of actual embarrassment or shame, it occurred to Karise.

A wry smile slowly wound it's way onto Karise's face, mostly at his amusement of the accent that he could clearly tell Fallon didn't have to use, but apparently wanted to. The smile disappeared when Karise blinked once and stepped off to the side of the doorway, his arm swinging out to show the way.  

"I'm sure you're here to see Draven, she is in her study.  Though, if I may;  Perhaps ring the bell and be announced by a familiar instead of just heading there.  She was busy when I had just seen her."  He said with a smile.  His entire body language as he referenced Draven and ringing the bell was one of calm and happiness, a very, very perfect visage.  His aura on the other hand leaked truth where his words and mannerisms could deceive.  Concern and nervousness were among the chief emotions Fallon could detect, though he showed no outward signs that he was aware of the false wall.

"Aye, good manners, and the like." Fallon said with a good natured smile and a nod of his head.  "Good lookin' out, 'ere.  Twas a pleasure, my friend, ta meet ye"

He wasted not even a moment longer before turning his shoulders to the side and stepping quickly through.  Karise swept out the door and closed it behind him in the blink of an eye once Fallon was past, and made not a sound as he did and had it not been for Fallon's ability to sense aura, he'd have missed it completely.  After a moment of looking about, he noticed the rope by the left side of the entrance hall, and crossed over to it quickly.  He'd only just barely given it a tug, and the bell hadn't even swung back and produced a second chime yet when a man appeared through a doorway by the stairs.  He was quite well dressed, but not in formal butler apparel, and seemed incredibly serious.  And Fallon would know, he's been sneaking past butlers for 400 years.  This fact honestly made him more approachable, though.

"Fallon Haestus, I'm here to see Lady Draven."  Fallon said with a slight nervousness to his voice as he began to approach the overly serious looking man.  "Erh, over a personal matter of business."

He was trying to sound professional, but it didn't come off very well, despite having dropped the accent entirely.  The man, who had absolutely nothing spectacular going on for him in any way, had perked his right eyebrow as he listened to Fallon, but did not look directly at him until he had finished speaking.  The look that came chilled Fallon in a way, deep inside of his mind.  The man's eyes did not seem to contain that spark of life, they were like doll's eyes.  Lifeless and flat.

"Please wait here, and I will inform Our Lady of your arrival."  He responded as he broke eye contact again by turning his head toward the far hallway.  His voice was honestly quite pleasant, something about it's mild tone, neither high pitched, nor deep, that made it unique to Fallon.

"Aye. "

He had turned his body the way his head faced and began off as soon as Fallon opened his mouth in a long gait, but not necessarily quickly, and before long disappeared from view.  His head hung immediately following, hands dreamily rising to his face and rubbing across his eyes and then down his face to his chin.  He tried to recall if he'd eaten, and couldn't decide if he had or not, which meant he likely needed to feed soon, but for now he had something of a schedule to attend to until the business was finished.

A few feet to his right was a pair of chairs on either side of a small table, and he decided at the very look of them that he'd rather wait sitting.  There was something of a stagger to his stride, evidence of his wear this past 24 hours.  He had covered much ground since Draven and he parted company, seen much and met many vampires and humans alike.  Not any lycanthropes yet, but he assumed it would be a matter of time.  For all of the interesting things in Sanguine though, Fallon's criminality was relentlessly barraging him with thoughts, ideas and possibilities to rob nearly every building with security on it, including the estates of other bloodlines.  He wanted to resist doing it, but it was his nature by now, and instinct took over the autonomous response of such calculations upon seeing fortified buildings and cameras.  This is precisely what he came to discuss with Draven, though.  His extreme need to stop thinking about this, about violating rules, and establishing new ones that would render his needs to be a thief obsolete.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Draven
Site Owner
Site Owner

Female 431

Character Sheet
Other Characters:

PostSubject: Re: Shadows of Blood   February 7th 2017, 1:19 pm

She heard the tell-tale rustle of movement as Samuel entered the study after a tenative knock. She did not look up, nor acknowledge his presence. She didn't need to. She had felt Fallons presence the moment he passed through the gates of the estate. She had erected Magickal barriers that instantly let her know when anyone passed over the boundries of her home. The Montriarch took a moment to compose herself, though she knew it there would be the tell-tale ring of blood around her eyes that would indicate her tears.

"My Lady, Master Fallon has arrived." Though Samuel knew he did not need to inform her of such, he did so reguardless.

"Show him in, Samuel." She stated softly, her voice just barely above a whisper.

The man-servant nodded once before backing out the door. Something was bothering his Mistress. He rarely ever saw her break down or show any kind of weakness weather it was emotional, mental or physical. She was always so composed, so sure of herself. Frowning, Samuel returned back to the main foyer where the new Vampire awaited.

"This way, Master Fallon." He gestured towards the grand stair case that spiraled up to a massive second level. Though the Human familiar physically appeared to be no older than his mid sixties, he had in fact stop aging nearly two hundred years prior. "Might I give you a word of caution." He proceeded up the stairs before the Vampire, taking his time ascending them so he could take this moment to delicately explain his Mistress' emotional state.

"Five years ago, Draven underwent the Blood Ritual to dissolve her marriage to a man she had been with for several centuries. They had a child together, a daughter whom they both cherished. A Blood Ritual is a very physically and emotionally painful experience on the average Vampire. For her, it is so much more. It is in essence like ripping out her heart. She is the first Teniszben in a way. When she loves, she does so far more deeply than anyone can imagine. For Master Dasani to ask for the Blood Ritual and walk away from everything has wounded her a great deal."

He paused for a moment, several doors down from the study in which the Montriarch waited.

"She will show herself as being strong both on the outside and mentally, but inside, in her heart, her emotions she is fragile. She may be more willing to open up to you than anyone else. I do not begin to understand why, but she has already come to value your presence."

Before the new Vitae could inquire further, the man-servant continued.

"I can tell because she accepted to see you when emotionally fragile. She practically kicked Master Karise out."

Color Claim:#00ff00
Back to top Go down
Fallon Haestus
Site Owner
Site Owner

Male 40

Character Sheet
Other Characters:

PostSubject: Re: Shadows of Blood   February 7th 2017, 4:55 pm

Fallon had listened intently to every word as he followed the man up the stairs and to just outside of a door and stopped when he had. When he turned around, Fallon avoided direct eye contact, but tilted his head in the man's direction to make apparent that he was listening.  When he'd finally stopped speaking, Fallon immediately opened his mouth with questions, but the very serious man turned away quickly and continued on through the door before he could utter a syllable.

With a scoffed breath and a shake of his head that resulted in Fallon fixating on the man's shoes, he continued to follow at a matched pace.  Several more doors were passed through, and Fallon briefly considered just how greatly this man could not be a butler.  He proceeded through all of these doorways and closed not a single one behind him, nor allowed a guest to proceed through the door first.

Naturally, this train of thought led Fallon to question what the man's actual function was.  Anyone, who does anything, can answer the call of a bell.  That does not mean they are what they appear to be.  Perhaps he was more than met the eye initially.  He had noticed as soon as the man opened the door he had originally come through that he was human, so it couldn't be much more than it seemed.

He didn't get much further along this thought complex before the man swept to the side of the path he was cutting and stepped out of the way on the inside of a doorway.  Fallon's eyes lazily wandered up the scenery before him only a short distance before locking on Draven.  It may have taken longer, but Fallon couldn't help but notice her aura.  There were black stages of corruption invading the outer-most rings.  Grief, most likely.  Other black emotions and feelings took a stronger domination of the aura, grief crept in like a cancer and slowly took it over.

"Oi, Draven!"  He called out briefly and not really all that loudly just after stepping past the man while hailing his right arm out in front of and above him.  "Oh, thank you." Fallon had turned around quickly to send a nod off in the man's direction while he continued on walking backwards.

He spun around on one of his heel's quickly during mid-stride and began sauntering, a spring apparently in his step.  It wasn't physically noticeable, but he was just about starved to his bones.  Fallon guesses that that may be another feature of whatever Draven's blood did to him.  His stamina without feeding was increased, though the pains of hunger had increased as well as he was now hungry.

As he neared her, he began aiming for a lounge chair that was near where Draven was, but did not sit in it.  Instead he hunched both of his shoulders on top of it and leaned into the mildly cushioned surface with a smile that reeked of his Irish charm and a flicker of glee in his eyes.

"Remember how you said that Elders on the council get to have say in meetings?  And I'm one of those now, right?"  He began, flatly refusing to remove that impish, yet charming, grin from the right corner of his mouth.  That flicker persisted as though he could chose for it to exist there, though that would be an enormous exaggeration of Fallon's abilities, and rounded the full circle of his gorgeous blue eyes twice before wisping away into that soft blue.

"Does that mean I call these meetings into session as well?"  He finally posed the actual question he wanted the answer to.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Draven
Site Owner
Site Owner

Female 431

Character Sheet
Other Characters:

PostSubject: Re: Shadows of Blood   February 7th 2017, 5:20 pm

During the time frame it took Samuel to show Fallon into her study, Draven had taken that time to compose herself. She stood now beside the large antique desk that sat in the very center of the large, comforting room. In her hands were reports from the other Vitae's that she had not had the chance to read over as of yet. Her gaze scanned them quickly before drifting up to the doorway as the two men entered. With a faint nod to the man-servant, the Montriarch dismissed him. Carefully, she replaced the stack of reports down on the desk and moved to a small table that held various thick crystal decanters. Most of them filled with a combination of alcohol and blood. However at the last moment, she bypassed the table and moved directly to a small fridge hidden in what appeared to be a regular cabinet.

As she listened to the newest Vitae, she opened the door and bent down, searching inside for something specific. With a smirk of satisfaction she pulled out two dark bottled that were nearly black in color. She closed the fridge, opening another cabinet beside it to remove two pint sized glasses. She set the glasses down on the table, popping off the caps of the bottles with a flick of both thumbs. As she poured the thick dark colored Guiness into the glasses, she took that moment to answer his questions.

"As the first of a new Bloodline, yes, you are considered an Elder of the Council." Her gaze flicked up towards him as she finished pouring. She reached up with her right thumb and sliced quickly across her left wrist with the silver ring she perpetually kept on her thumb. Blood welled to the surface and she allowed it to drip into one of the glasses before the wound sealed not five seconds later. She picked up both glasses and moved towards Fallon with a dignified grace.

"And yes, you can call a Council meeting at any time. A more direct method of doing so would be telepathy. All Vitae's are connected through my blood. With practice, you can simply send out a message to them through thought and they will hear it." The Montriarch held out the glass towards him that she had placed her blood in. "This should help satisfy the hunger pangs."

Back to top Go down
Fallon Haestus
Site Owner
Site Owner

Male 40

Character Sheet
Other Characters:

PostSubject: Re: Shadows of Blood   February 8th 2017, 1:10 pm

Fallon tilted his head slightly as he considered the glass offered to him, but in the end upheld his right hand with a shake of his head.  The conscious act of which had been a test of his mettle, something that he was playing with at the moment and would continue to play at until the nearing of dawn.

It was a question of his stamina, as it were.  He wanted to know how altered his ability to resist feeding had become simply from the ascension caused by Draven's blood.  So far, he was roughly at double the length of time he could normally last before the urge took over, and had no fear of the experimentation as blood was not going to be difficult to procure anymore.  No game of cat-and-mouse necessary in order to feed, either.  Simply travel to any one of dozens of locations now beholden to his knowledge and he could feed from pre-harvested blood without any delays.

Fallon didn't feel like he would have any trouble at all acclimating himself to Sanguine's lifestyle at this rate.  Every over-turned stone yielded incredible bounties here, and as things had just recently become, there were very few doors that remained locked to him, and that was simply for the asking to see beyond them.  And look beyond them he did, many of them.  He had visited every estate, with the exception of the Mortuus estate, which he could not find, and looked around their interior and exterior thoroughly.  At first it was simply his nature and curiosity getting the better of him, but it all rapidly changed the more and more he saw, the more hands he shook and faces he committed to memory.  His nature surely held true within him and his actions, but a very different world dawned upon his sight and it greatly altered the way he viewed his role in existence.

"I would gladly accept the other without, though.  I'm trying to know my limits, you see."  He said before his hand had lowered yet, and retained his charming, almost cocky, smirk and bright wide eyes.

He gave off from leaning on the back of the chair and came around the side of it to sit casually against it's arm, and crossing his right leg across his left thigh.  From his pocket he pulled out a nearly comically large ring, with a total of 13 keys hanging from it.  He dangled it from the last joint of his index finger lazily for a moment and then set them down on the cushion of the chair next to him.  

"I think I should like to call such a meeting.  It's importance, as well as the significance of these keys, is paramount.  I do not possess the ability of telepathy though, actually quite the contrary.  You see...that is how the Vampires in Europe who branded me with the Faboan found and caught me, was telepathy.  I..ehr, had it fixed."  Fallon explained while he stood back up and turned around.

He stroked his fingertips across the back of his head just above where it joined the neck, and bright red light slowly faded into his skin as well as more-or-less a centimeter of the hair at the scalp.  As it faded in it began to form a set shape, a sigil.  When it fully appeared, the intricate details of it were clearer, the entire thing quite the sharp image, and just then began to fade away again.

"A demon.  As it turns out, they don't always want your soul.  Sometimes they just want you to steal something that is otherwise impossible for a demon to claim possession of. And in return, he branded my mind invisible.  Told me that I wouldn't even be able to find it, should I go looking.  Very deep voice, that one." Fallon continued, the smirk now re-emerging on his lips.

His resourcefulness was nigh unmatched, and was obvious by how painstakingly he went about ensuring his intangibility, both physically and mentally.  And that was where his dislike of magick came into play, as magick typically circumvented any and all methods of denial or obstruction.  So when faced with the aspect of magick, Fallon took on the thinking that older, stronger, darker magick will thwart what magick may be used now against him.  A thinking that has proved true in many occasions, certainly more than it had proved false in.  

"So, Lady Draven, might I humbly request that you contact the council on my behalf, please?"  He finally formally asked, full enunciation but with his devilishly thick Irish accent still at play.

Colour claim: #00CCFF
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Draven
Site Owner
Site Owner

Female 431

Character Sheet
Other Characters:

PostSubject: Re: Shadows of Blood   February 8th 2017, 2:55 pm

Draven knew about limitations, very well. Perhaps more than most. It had taken her centuries to develop any kind of normalcy, to stretch out time between feedings. It pleased her in a way, to see him testing those limits. With a small smile, she handed Fallon the glass with the untainted Guiness and sat down in the chair across from him. She crossed her leather clad legs casually, the knee-high boots seeming to blend in seamlessly with the form hugging pants.

"I can certainly contact them on your behalf, Fallon."

She did not acknowledge the mark at the base of his skull, but she had seen it. The symbol was famiiiar to her, but she paid it no further attention. She had her own scars, her own marks. Most of hers, however, were internal not external. She took a tentative sip of the think liquid in her glass and though tainted with her own blood, it reaped not benefits for her except to replenish when she gave freely.

"When would you like this meeting held? I would assume as soon as possible, yes?"

The Montriarch continued to watch him for a moment, noticing that with most people he encountered, he avoided any direct eye contact. It almost made her curious as to know the extent of why. Her brow frowned faintly, but she shoved it aside for the time being.

"Would you care to share with me now what troubles you in such a way that you need to call a Council gathering, or would you prefer I wait until the meeting?"

Back to top Go down
Fallon Haestus
Site Owner
Site Owner

Male 40

Character Sheet
Other Characters:

PostSubject: Re: Shadows of Blood   February 8th 2017, 3:46 pm

"As soon as possible would be best in me own humble opinion.  It occurs to be a matter needing resolved in a timely manner, I must insist." He simply stated before he accepted the very dark beer from her and immediately tried it, his first beer in over 400 years.

He hadn't even gotten it within an inch of his lips when both corners of his mouth curled upward sharply and his eyes lit up even brighter than they had been, even the aroma of it was nearly chill inducing.  As he took a draught right off the top, his eye lids drooped just slightly, and his face softened with a pleased expression.  He slowly drew the second quaff of the dark and bitter beer he briefly vocalized happily and when he pulled the glass away he'd already drank half of it.

"'ell do ya call 'at?  God damn!  When did beer start tasting like that!?"  He exclaimed, staring at the almost black product of Ireland in his cup before looking up to Draven and making solid eye contact for the first time since he'd arrived. "I'll tell you, this is not what we had back 'ome during the dark ages.  Wow."

He quickly drank down the rest of it and now picked the ring of keys back up and placed them back in his pocket before sitting down in the chair properly with a contented sigh.  He visually appeared to have been relaxed by that seemingly small amount of beer, and was affected by it slightly more than he should have been due to hunger.

"As it involves you with the same gravity and magnitude as every other member of the council, I feel it may be best to wait to discuss the matter all together as a group."  He claimed while propping the back of his fist against his cheekbone and leaning into it against the arm of the lounge chair.

He leaked no information in any way as to what this concerned in what he said or his body language, the masterful use of vague statements had left no conclusion to be drawn here.  The only thing clear by any regard is that Fallon felt as though he had something to say, and meant to say it in short order, but only to everyone at once. With a single hummed note that was quite short, Fallon placed the glass he emptied on the table just next to him and with a clap of his hands on either of his knees he stood up from the chair again and sauntered over to a window and peered out into the city with tireless eyes.

"Pardon the mystique of how I go about this, but I feel it's necessary to illustrate the point I want to make.  A bit dramatic, but I feel like you will understand when all is said and done."  He addressed her reflection in the glass before him even as he looked out into the fields of light outside.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Draven
Site Owner
Site Owner

Female 431

Character Sheet
Other Characters:

PostSubject: Re: Shadows of Blood   February 8th 2017, 4:09 pm

For a split second, the color of his gaze hit her like a ton of bricks. The brilliant blue locking with the darkness of hers. They reminded her of Dasani's eyes, though Fallons were a shade of blue that was more alluring. Her heart clenched almost painfully in her chest.

"If that is your wish, then I will honor it." She replied, indicating his desire to speak with them all at once.  "If it does not disturb you, I will contact them each now. Within the hour I can have them meet us at the Cathedral. It is the large structure in the center of the Vermillion Cemetary. If you have had time to take in Sanguine's sights, you may have seen it."

The Montriarch took another tenative sip from her glass before setting it down on the table to her left.

"Sanguine can be a lot to take in all at once. How have you found it thus far? A culture shock from Europe I imagine."

As she spoke out loud, Draven reached out telepathically to each Vitae of the Bloodlines, relaying a single message over their joined mental connection.

Fallon has asked to call a gathering of the Council. I am contacting on his behalf. Please be at the Cathedral within the hour.

Each response was immediate.

Who the hell is Fallon? She knew by the curse that it was Kenyon who answered her first.

He is the Council's newest Vitae. If you had your head out of the bloody brooding clouds long enough, Ken, you would have known this.

I do not brood. Alread the Aluka's voice took on a deeper, brooding tone.

If you brooded anymore, Kenyon, you would make it a sport and be crowned it's champion.

The maniacal laughter that followed was undoubtedly Mordra. The high-pitched cackle a give away.

Alright, Children. All jesting aside, this sounds like an urgent matter. Be attentive and for the love of Blood, respectful.

Yes, Mother. They all responded as one, sounding like scolded children to their mother. In a way that was exactly what they were.

Back to top Go down
Vangelo
Vitae
Vitae

Male 32

PostSubject: Re: Shadows of Blood   February 8th 2017, 9:02 pm

"If they fought anymore than they already do, they could make a passable attempt at that dreadful U.N. the mortals put together," remarked a voice from the doorway. Stepping fully into the light of the room, Vangelo grinned at Draven.

Passable, because the U.N. actually manages to communicate with each other, unlike my siblings, he continued mentally, broadcasting his thoughts to the other Vitaes.

Switching back to speaking, he directed his words at Draven.
"The plane is ready. I'll be leaving here and heading to the airport as soon as we're done with our Council meeting." Turning his head, he inclined it to Fallon. "This is the Haestus?" he asked, still speaking to Draven. "He looks exactly like I told you he would. Trouble."

The last remark was accompanied by a smile, as Vangelo crossed his arms, and allowed himself to fall into a lean against the wall he stood by.

I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fallon Haestus
Site Owner
Site Owner

Male 40

Character Sheet
Other Characters:

PostSubject: Re: Shadows of Blood   February 9th 2017, 12:55 pm

"No, no, not at all, please do contact them."  Fallon responded after she mentioned the cemetary.  "I had seen that large structure both before we met and while I was having a venture around the city, but I didn't have a chance or time to have a proper look."

The Montriarch took another tenative sip from her glass before setting it down on the table to her left.

"Sanguine can be a lot to take in all at once. How have you found it thus far? A culture shock from Europe I imagine." She inquired.

He took a moment to turn around, and once more directed his gaze at the floor beneath Draven.

"In the time since we parted company, I've explored not even a fraction of the city.  I was rather intent on seeing certain locations more than simply wandering, although a good share of that occured as well.  This city is unlike anything I've seen in Europe, and it's vastness is not to be understated."  Fallon replied, his head turning just in time to catch Vangelo's appearance in the doorway.

"If they fought anymore than they already do, they could make a passable attempt at that dreadful U.N. the mortals put together," remarked a voice from the doorway. Stepping fully into the light of the room, Vangelo grinned at Draven.

Fallon couldn't, due particularly to the demonic sigil on the back of his head, hear or perceive of the exchange that was taking place telepathically at the moment, which made Vangelo's appearance and statement unexpected and confusing.  Equally confusing was the pause that took place before he spoke again.  Unknown once more to Fallon, it was because he was transmitting a message through telepathy.

Switching back to speaking, he directed his words at Draven. "The plane is ready. I'll be leaving here and heading to the airport as soon as we're done with our Council meeting." Turning his head, he inclined it to Fallon. "This is the Haestus?" he asked, still speaking to Draven. "He looks exactly like I told you he would. Trouble."

Fallon had never lost his smirk, and it had only broadened into a full smile when Vangelo regarded him as 'trouble.'  He relished the comparison, as much as he ever had, for the simple fact that it typically was an image worn like a badge of honor to a thief such as Fallon.  

"All that you perceive and so much more. I wouldn't attempt to have you believe for a moment that you are wrong, and left to my own devices and too much free time, I no doubt would wreak havok across the breadth of Sanguine in a string of wild antics that I, myself, would likey find very rich in hilarity as much as in monetary value. But..." Fallon paused as he returned to the window and looked once more out into the flourescent light drenched city.  "I have no need of any of that.  After over 400 years of being treated like an animal, hunted, beaten and quite literally branded, I can live like a man for the first time in my life.  A luxury I was not allowed in mortal life any more than the past centuries since I died."

He turned around and looked directly into Vangelo's eyes.

"You see, I may still yet be unable to quite shake the wilderness out of my posture and mannerisms, but out of the wilderness am I. And with a little assistance from experiencing society, I shall leave that which is wild to those who are.  Acclimation!  He softly exclaimed.  "Just need a wee bit of acclimation, and trouble shall I reek of no longer."

He finished cheerfully, the expression on his face matched the intensity of joy in his voice perfectly.  His eyes dropped from contact with Vangelo's though, and targeted the space of floor upon which he stood instead while he unfolded his hands and allowed them to come to rest at his sides.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Draven
Site Owner
Site Owner

Female 431

Character Sheet
Other Characters:

PostSubject: Re: Shadows of Blood   February 9th 2017, 2:28 pm

Draven watched with mild amusement as Fallon interacted with Vangelo. She hid her smirk, taking a sip of the Guiness and prolonging the gesture a bit more than necessary. When she composed herself, she explained a bit of the situation to the Vega in his thoughts.

Fallon can not hear anything via Telepathy, V. He brokered a deal that has rendered him..deaf to such things. If there is anything you need to get across to him, you will have to do it the old fashioned way. Perhaps a carrier piegon.

She couldn't help the faint twitch of the right corner of her mouth as she suggested such an archaic means of communication. It would be rather amusing to see Fallon unroll a small scroll of the leg of a piegon.

Though I think a phone call, or perhaps a knock on his door would be a better option.

Out loud, she addressed the both of them.

"I think perhaps we should get underway to the Cathedral, gentlemen. We half less than thirty minutes before the others will arrive."

Back to top Go down
Fallon Haestus
Site Owner
Site Owner

Male 40

Character Sheet
Other Characters:

PostSubject: Re: Shadows of Blood   February 9th 2017, 3:54 pm

"Simply lead on, I shall follow, Draven." Said Fallon excitedly, his age showing a bit in his tone.  

He didn't plan to be late to his own meeting, and as he was here, planned to simply travel with Draven there, though the journey would not take him very long were he to travel by his new means.  Despite the speed and ease of it, it was a taxing effort, and usage right now would likely not be very wise.

He shifted his gaze back to Draven's feet and walked directly back over to the lounge chair he'd sat upon, leaning on it once more with his elbow.

"Does this mean I get another ride in one of your fancy automobiles?"  He asked, flashing a small fanged grin and looking up at Draven.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vangelo
Vitae
Vitae

Male 32

PostSubject: Re: Shadows of Blood   February 9th 2017, 9:55 pm

Vangelo returned the smirk, and the smile, to Fallon, as he nodded slowly.

"And your havok would have called the Hunters to you. And us, as well," was his answer, as he pushed himself off his wall, meeting Fallons gaze.

"1000 years I've been around, Fallon. And I know Vampires older than me who still reek of trouble," he replied, allowing his purple-hued gaze to dart to Draven and back.

I heard. I was outside the door when he said it. And you should not give me ideas. I still have a few carrier pigeons. One for each of the Estates, actually.

As he replied to her, he allowed his gaze to wander the room, before darting back to her, and nodding.

"Time enough that we could leave the cars and still beat them there, if we ran," he remarked, grinning widely. "And wouldn't it be fun, to once again take to the streets of our fair city, with nothing but our own feet to get us where we need to be. Or, shadows, if we want to cheat."

I will face my fear.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Draven
Site Owner
Site Owner

Female 431

Character Sheet
Other Characters:

PostSubject: Re: Shadows of Blood   February 10th 2017, 5:37 pm

The Montriarch smirked at Faboan's excitement of taking one of her prized cars. Antique's mostly that she had collected over the years. There were a few more expensive newer models like the Wraith or the Bentley. Then there was the limo of course.

"The choice is yours, my dear Fallon. If you would prefer to travel by foot, perhaps make it a competiton with the other Vitae's or if we take one of the cars. Personally, a more inconspicious means of travel would be more beneficial. Though I could use my wiles to charm pretty much the entire population of Sanguine, there would not be enough blood in the banks to replenish the energy I would expend to do so."

She wove her way past the two men and out through the door of the study. Samuel waited at the bottom of the grand stairs for any last minute orders from his Mistress.

"Master Fallon has called an emergency gathering of the Council. Ensure that if any wayward Vitae's stop here first, they are redirected to the Cathedral."

"Yes, My Lady." The Human gave one last look to both Vangelo and Fallon before resuming any other duties he had left. Perhaps ensuring that Draven's bedroom windows were completely secure. It would seem that they were pouring in through the wood work as of late. With a sigh, he shuffled down the hall and to the left.

Her brown frowned slightly, her thoughts easily picking out the man-servants. "He worries too much." She muttered mostly to herself before moving across the foyer and to the garage entrance. As soon as she opened the door, bright light flickered to life, showcasing the Montriarch's private collection. A line of motorcycles were showcased against the far wall. All makes and models from the classic Indians to the more customized Choppers. Along the opposite wall were the cars. A Rolls Royce Wraith looking sleek and sexy in all black. A brand new two seat Bentley was nestled in the corner just as black and sexy as the Wraith. There was a pristine white 1969 Camaro, a charcol grey Roll Royce limo complete with very dark tinted windows and a 4x4 who's tires were nearly as big as Draven herself.

"Pick your poison." She said, indicating all her toys with a graceful wave of her hand.

Back to top Go down
Sanguine NPC
RPG Moderator
RPG Moderator

Male 2

PostSubject: Re: Shadows of Blood   February 11th 2017, 12:50 pm

Quinn huffed as he ran up the front steps to Draven's estate. For an athletic man in his mid thirties, he was regretting not doing more cardio. He knocked boldly on the door, a piece of paper held firmly in his right hand. On que, Samuel answered a few seconds later. Quinn found himself wondering how such a Human, could move so damn fast. He was a Shifter and he didn't have that old man's speed.

"Master Quinn. My Lady Draven is just about to leave for an emergency Council meeting. Is there something I can help you with?" The man-servant inquired with just a shred of a haughty tone in his cultured voice.

"It is important, Sam. I have a message from Europe."

Immediately and without question, Samuel opened the door and ushered the Wereleopard into the main foyer.

"One moment. They may still be in the garage." With that unnatural swiftness, he moved towards the door to their right and disappeared through it.

The Montriarch emerged a moment later, followed by the Vitae for the Vega and some new Vampire Quinn had never seen before. The expression on her face was one of confusion, concern and just a shred of hope. A hope he was about to drastically dash. With a semi-shaking hand, he held the note out to her.

Draven,

I would not bother looking for them. Dasani and Radraven are no more. They now reside in the Ether you had once cast me into. Their heads mounted on pikes. You know why I have returned. It is not simply for the sake of revenge. I do not seek to kill you, for we all know to kill you would be to kill all of our kind. No, I merely seek to turn you. To show you how powerful you could truly be if you only accepted your nature, accepted who you have always been. They are cattle, Draven. Food for us higher beings. They are not worthy of your protection. I will see you soon, my Maker.

Trine

Draven felt her vision grey around the edges, her fingers twitching, itching to crumble that note into powder. Instead, she handed it to Vangelo.

"It would seem you are not needed to go to Europe afterall, V. Dasani and Radraven are dead."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fallon Haestus
Site Owner
Site Owner

Male 40

Character Sheet
Other Characters:

PostSubject: Re: Shadows of Blood   February 13th 2017, 7:41 am

Fallon had very nearly been able to open his mouth to respond when her man-servant appeared quite suddenly in the garage and ushered Draven to follow him, which in turn led Fallon to follow her.  Back through a series of turns through her home and once more they were in the entrance way where each of them was regarded briefly by this large middle-aged man who was quite out of breath.  Given that he didn't know who this was or what was currently going on, he waited in silence as the man handed Draven the note.

She held it a few seconds, and then Fallon watched and felt the intensity of her aura drop sharply.  Curiosity pecked at him, but he remained silent until Draven offered the piece of paper to Vangelo.

"It would seem you are not needed to go to Europe afterall, V. Dasani and Radraven are dead." She said in a flat tone.

Fallon reviewed whether or not he wanted to get into the middle of whatever had this much of an effect on Draven.  His decision was simply that he felt a part of this city, and should gently nudge the topic, perhaps he could help in some measure.

"I feel as though I missed something, what is it?  Who died?"  Fallon asked, as pleasant and softly as he could.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vangelo
Vitae
Vitae

Male 32

PostSubject: Re: Shadows of Blood   February 13th 2017, 12:25 pm

Following Draven was, really, second nature to Vangelo by now, and he had no problem doing so now. That changed, when they came to samuel, and he handed a paper to her. As she handed him the note, and he read it, Vangelos eyes flared a darker purple than they had ever been, and the note crumpled, before catching fire.

"Lo voy a matar, madre. Voy a drenarlo seco, rasgar su espina dorsal, lo golpeó con él, y luego lo estaca en el sol del mediodía para quemar."

Turning to Draven, his eyes still a dark purple, he tilted his head.

"And then I'm going to find everyone who helped him, and rip them apart with my bare hands."

Opening his hand, he allowed the ash to fall into a pile on the floor, before he turned and vanished through the doorway. "I'm going to the Cathedral. Afterwards, I'm going hunting," he called, his voice drifting through the doorway.

I will face my fear.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Draven
Site Owner
Site Owner

Female 431

Character Sheet
Other Characters:

PostSubject: Re: Shadows of Blood   February 13th 2017, 1:40 pm

She watched Vangelo leave with a heavy sigh. Samuel and Quinn seemed to have picked up on the atmosphere and had fled somewhere further into the estate, more than likely the kitchen. That seemed the go-to place when stress was a high factor. For a moment, she remained silent. She ran the palms of her hands over her face. In a way it was a sense of relief to call of the search, but it also broke her heart. She turned her eyes to Fallon, her expression soft, sad, vulnerable.

"Dasani was my ex husband." She finally answered softly. "We were together for nearly five centuries and in that time we had a daughter, Radraven. Five years ago, Dasani became detached. Emotionally, physically, mentally. I believe that he no longer loved me. My suspicion was confirmed when he inquired about the Blood Ritual. The marriage between our kind is far stronger of a bond than any Human ceremony. Blood is exchanged during the ceremony, symbolizing a never ending love. However, when a Blood Ritual is performed it removes the blood we had given freely to the other. A painful and taxing process. Not that long afterward, he asked to leave for Europe, to form a Council there before he took his permanent leave from Sanguine. I granted it."

One of her hands shift, drifting into her hair and running through the dark silk of it before pulling it faintly. She dropped both of her arms and cast her gaze down to the floor.

"He lost his vitality for life. In a way, he got his wish. He came to me centuries ago from Rome, begging for a cure from cancer. The operations were crude back then and would have either killed him reguardless, or left him deformed. I gave him another chance and I fell in love with him only to have him five hundred years later throw most of it back in my face." The very last sentence she had added so softly that it was almost inaudible. "And now with him, my child, my legacy is gone."

Back to top Go down
Fallon Haestus
Site Owner
Site Owner

Male 40

Character Sheet
Other Characters:

PostSubject: Re: Shadows of Blood   February 13th 2017, 4:27 pm

Vangelo had already left before Draven began to explain, and Fallon fell still and quite silent for the duration of. It was when she briefly paused, and the weight fell out of the words before they came out of her mouth that he truly understood the gravity of the news which had just been delivered.  

It had another impact on Fallon.  500 years.  Fallon was not far off from that, and this much loved ruler and husband lost his will to live, to be who he had become.  It made him momentarily question himself, his resolve and grip on life and how he existed within it.

"There are many things I don't understand.  But I find more and more that it's a continental or cultural thing.  Do you wish to postpone this meeting for another, a more reasonable, time?"  He asked sincerely, placing his right hand against Draven's arm.

His head swam frantically with nearly mindless questions aimed about this new news that he hadn't seen and only new the move immediate information of.  All of which were far too callous to approach Lady Draven with at this time, or for a while, at that.  The contents of the meeting were important, but sometimes things can wait.

Back to top Go down
View user profile

Shadows of Blood
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next