Records and Dreams

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Records and Dreams

Post by Vangelo on Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:47 pm

Scritch, scritch, scritch.

The sound of a quill scraping across paper wasn't a sound modern people were used to, but anyone who spent time in the Vega manor house was used to it, as Vangelo preferred to keep all his records on paper.

Scirtch, scritch, scri-...

A pause in the sound as Vangelo looked up from the paper laid out in front of him and stared at the door to his study. He frowned, his purple hued eyes narrowing for a moment, before he turned his head back to the paper in front of him to finish his thought. The paper in front of him was filled with writing, though only a few people could decipher it.

It happened again, in the early hours of the morning. During my rest, the dream came to me again. The death of a King, the fall of a dynasty, and the resulting war that spread across the known world. Sometimes I wonder, would things be different if I had never taken the offer? If I had just died, instead of bringing the full weight of those loyal to the Crown against the traitors who killed Felipe. Perhaps it's time I spoke with the Montriarch about advocating my seat on the Council and allowing one of my Children the Seat, so I can take a long rest.

Laying down his quill, he sprinkled sand across the paper and then stood, moving away from his desk and towards his widow, staring out at the falling rain. A long rest sounded good. Maybe it would help him quell these damned dreams.

Last edited by Vangelo on Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

Vangelo
Vitae
Vitae

Male 30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Records and Dreams

Post by Draven on Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:50 pm

She had always been agile. Quick and silent as the best trained assassins could ever hope to be. She had centuries to perfect her skills, hone them to perfection. Along with those skills, Draven had the ability to mask her presence, hiding herself from her own Children. It was these abilities she used to gain entrance into the Elder Vega's study. He would undoubtedly hear not a sound as she cracked open the door and slipped inside, but she knew he would be able to see her reflection in the glass of the window.

"You've been projecting your thoughts uncounciously for hours, V. A muddle of collective colors and impressions. Does something trouble you?" She inquired, her voice soft and alluring. She moved gracefully towards an empty chair and sat down, crossing one slim leg over the other. She rested her hands along the arms of the chair. Her posture was naturally regal, a sure sign to any onlooker that she was indeed some kind of royalty. Her jet black eyes with their inhuman flashes of red fell on Vangelo, her head tilting acutely to one side.

"That is the problem with being virtually immortal. We can live such long lives, the memories and thoughts of the past can haunt us like a plague."

She paused for a moment, her eyes drifting down to her black leather clad lap briefly before returning to the Vega.

"i want to apologize for not being as attentive to Sanguine and the Council as I should be. It has been brought to my attention that the Council we have been attempting to set up over in Europe failed. I have not heard from anyone in five years over seas, including both Dasani and Radraven. Everyone seems to have disappeared entirely."

Draven
Site Owner
Site Owner

Female 387

Character Sheet
Other Characters:

View user profile http://blood.phpbb9.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Vangelo on Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:56 pm

He saw the door open, and shifted himself slightly, letting a hand fall towards the windowsill. But he stopped himself, as he saw who was entering his study. He nodded to himself, and turned to face his Maker, Draven.

"I suppose you could say that." he remarked as he moved to his desk and slid the journal to her. "Hopefully, you remember the code I constructed," he stated, as he sat in his chair, facing her. "The dreams are bothering me again. Of the night you found me, and Turned me. Remember?"

His purple-hued gaze met hers without flinching, his posture just as regal as hers, though tinged, just slightly, with what one would call "Spanish flair". He had an image to maintain, after all.

"I don't know. Sometimes, I think I prefer the Plauge to the thoughts and memories that bother me. At least with the Plauge, we were able to help each other and those frail mortals. With our thoughts and memories, we have only ourselves to muddle through. And I'm not sure it's enough," he responded, smiling at her.

And then the smile was gone.
"Nothing, from either of them? Well, I might be taking a trip to the Old Country. They shouldn't have went without a third Vitae, to watch their backs," he stated, frowning softly.

Without looking, he reached back to the windowsill and lifted the jian from it's resting place. He placed the weapon in his lap and ran a finger down the sheath. The sword had been with him for as long as he could remember, and had never failed to remove an enemy. Now, with two Vitaes missing in the Old Country, the Vega felt he would need it once more. And soon.

I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."

Vangelo
Vitae
Vitae

Male 30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Draven on Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:33 pm

Draven blinked once, her mind flashing over the vast memories she kept. They played out vividly in her thoughts like a movie that only lasted mere seconds, but she could see every detail perfectly.

"Of course I remember. It is not something one easily forgets." She replied to his inquiry about his Transformation. His had been one of the most taxing due to the fact that she had to concentrate her blood on making him a Vega rather than a new Bloodline. It had been her first and only attempt to do so since she had created Vangelo to replace Trine as the Vitae for the Vega.

When her eyes refocused, there was a faint sadness to them.

"No, not either of them." The Montriarch said softly. "I can not leave Sanguine to look for them myself. There has been a more recent development. Fallon Haestus. He used to be a Lieucetius that hailed from the UK. He came to Sanguine, following rumors of our kind in Europe. Needless to say he got spooked and nearly died after being struck by a vehicle. I stepped in to save him. I have taken him under my wing, made him my responsibility. He has been granted Creation rights and I must remain to ensure everything goes smoothly."

She stopped for a moment to gesture gracefully towards the Vitae with her hand.

"That is why I am here. I need your help, V. I need you to find out what happened to Dasani and Radraven. I need to know if the European Council was a success."

Draven
Site Owner
Site Owner

Female 387

Character Sheet
Other Characters:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vangelo on Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:37 pm

"Fallon Haestus? Sounds like trouble," remarked the purple-eyed Vampire. He looked at Draven, and nodded, his face setting into a grim frown. "Rumors in Europe, Dasani and Radraven going missing, and Vampires from the U.K. coming to Sanguine. Things aren't looking good for us."

He lifted the jian in his hand, and sighed. "Well, at least I'll be too busy to dream, since I'm heading to the Old Country."

Standing, he bowed. "With your leave, Matriarch, I'll be gathering some stuff, and then I'll be taking a jet as soon as possible."

Reaching down, he pressed a button on his desk intercom, and spoke in quiet Spanish.

"Soy yo. Preparar el jet. Voy a volar yo mismo."

I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."

Vangelo
Vitae
Vitae

Male 30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Draven on Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:38 pm

One of those rare smirks passed briefly along the corner of the left side of her mouth. It spoke of a growing affection, or some inside private joke. Her eyes flashed red for a split second before darkening to their customary black hue.

"Fallon and trouble seem to almost go hand-in-hand I'm afraid." She stated almost matter-of-factly, standing gracefully from the chair. She gave a brief nod towards the Vitae of the Vega and turned towards the office door. She stopped just before stepping through it, a hand resting lightly on the edge of the door itself.

"Thank you, V. If they are alive, please bring them home." She said softly, without actually looking back over her shoulder. Many knew that Draven and Dasani's centuries long marriage had fallen to ruin. Though they harbored no ill will towards the other, they had simply grown apart. Each dedicated their time to other things. Dasani with his Bloodline and Draven to the saftey of Sanguine and the Human race. It had seemed that after she had killed Trine, things had changed between them. She wasn't entirely sure if it was something on her part, or Dasani's.

With an almost sad expression, she let her fingertips trail lightly over the surface of the door before she disappeared from view.

Draven
Site Owner
Site Owner

Female 387

Character Sheet
Other Characters:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down