Bloodshot

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Bloodshot

Post by Delamere on Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:47 pm

“Ah, my sister,” the voice came from below - from the inky shadows. Uriel paused, her wings folded in as she silently landed amongst the blooming roses. The angel, her statuesque form highlighted by the full moon, scanned the garden; she recognized the voice, but could not see him.

“Fresh from visiting our Abaddon?” the shadows quivered and a tall man emerged, a thick viscous mist pulsed in his wake. “Tell me, how is the dear?”

Uriel inhaled, waiting for her brother to approach, “Astaroth,” she whispered, “I’m surprised you found another human so willing to let you in.”

Astaroth smiled and stretched his arms, “My sister, humanity is ripe with the corrupt and morally depraved.” He patted his chest, “This meat sack practically begged me to fill him up.” His lips twisted into a handsome smile, “I look good don’t I?”

Uriel did not respond, she simply watched the daemon dance in the moonlight. His arms in the air.

“Pity,” he stopped, cheeks slightly flushed with the effort, “Humans are so clumsy, their bodies so limited.” He adjusted his trench coat, and brushed himself off.

“Stay away from Abaddon,” Uriel finally spoke.

“Hmm?” Astaroth pretended as though he hadn’t heard her warning, “Did you say something, dear sister?’

Uriel smiled, “You are not as strong as you once were.” She moved forward, closing the distance between herself and the cocky daemon, “That wolf, the one called Cade, fought you, didn’t he?”

Astaroth looked up, a dark expression flashed across his face.

“He overpowered you several times,” Uriel’s smile widened, “Outside of that warehouse, momentarily in the library.” She crossed her arms over her ample chest, “Your power is waning. As she grows stronger, you are weakened.”

Astaroth, a cloud of black mist suddenly engulfing his body, rushed forward, stopping mere inches from Uriel, “You will know my true power, sister, soon enough.”

Uriel gasped and stumbled backwards, but he was already gone, vanishing just as quickly as he had appeared.

“Yes, these last few days have been... fucked up,” Mircea glanced up at Cade, “Your words, not mine.”

Cade laughed, relieved to have finally found some common ground with the strange vampire, “You can say that again.”

“I’d rather not.”

Cade smiled, reaching for another drink of water. He drained the glass rather quickly and placed it on the end table, “Thanks, by the way, for the water.”

Mircea nodded.

After a moment’s hesitation, Cade spoke, “I meant what I said.”

Mircea, having poured another tall glass of water for his guest, returned to his seat, “And what was that?”

“That I love Abaddon.” Cade picked up the glass, sipping at the cool liquid this time, “I sincerely meant that.”

Mircea, looking down at his polished shoes, solemnly nodded, “I know you do.” After a moment’s hesitation, the vampire made eye contact with Cade, “Which makes what I am about to tell you that much more difficult.”

Cade frowned, “What?”

“She is carrying my child.”

Delamere

Female 79

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kinta Sarrai on Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:55 pm

Holy hell in a hand basket. Abaddon sat bolt upright in bed. Her eyes felt almost heavy lidded still, and sticky from sleep. Rubbing at them almost furiously to get that icky feeling from them, she tried to asertain what could have possibly woken her up so suddenly from such a deep sleep. Once her eyes were clear, she flicked her gaze over to the deepest shadows of the bedroom, but found nothing there, It was strange really. She had felt as though someone or something had sat on the bed beside her. It couldn’t have been the Demon. They had cleased the entire castle to ensure he could not enter again. Glancing down to the bed, she caught a glimpse of a single snow white feather resting lightly upon the comforter. Abaddon picked it up almost gingerly and knew instantly it had been Uriel who had been here. The feather seemed to glow within the darkness just before it was absorbed into the very flesh on the palm of her hand. There was a rush of warmpth that tingled its way up her arm as her power absorbed the gift that the other Angel had left behind.

Tossing back the covers, shee stood, naked from the sea of satiny crimson. The fabric whispered softly against her skin as it slid slowly down her body, almost like the skilled caress of a lover’s hand. She had to get dressed and go meet the High Court. They had called Mircea before Cade’s exorcism and had changed to meeting to as soon as Abaddon could make it. Why the urgency, she wasn’t sure. They were merely going to discuss the specifics of starting their own police force, weren’t they? Padding across the carpet on bare feet, she made her way over to the closet in which her clothes had been placed. Mircea’s expensive wardrobe sat on hangers neatly on one side of the massive closet. Hers were on the opposite side. She had more jeans and band t-shirts. His were mostly expensive, custom made Italian suits. She was so not the dress type. There was, however, a brand new leather jacket hanging just in front of her clothes with a small and elegantly written note attached.

A little something to keep you warm when I can not be with you.

It wasn’t signed. It didn’t have to be. She knew Mircea’s elegant script as if it were her own. She pulled the jacket off of it’s hanger. It was supple black suede that had been custom dyed so that it was as dark as the shadows themselves. Etched on the back in black thread were intricate wings that trailed down to her lower back. The jacket itself just barely missed the ground and it had a custom hole at the base of her neck where she could fit a sword if need be. There were also custom holsters on the inside of the jacket for extra ammo and blades. Feeling inspired by the jacket, Abaddon raided her closet in an attempt to find her outfit that would match.

Black suede pants clung to her legs as if they had been painted on. The outsides of the legs from her hip down to her ankle were visible between the criss-crossing suede ties that kept them closed. Knee high black suede boots were laced along the back and sported a three inch heel that was lethal looking and shimmered silver in the moonlight. The top she wore was more like a corsette, hugging her slender waist and lifting the girls to a rather fetching advantage. Thin black suede straps criss-crossed along her shoulders, baring her back and yet managed to cover the massive scar between her shoulder blades. She had slipped the shoulder holster on over the top, threading a slim leather belt through it so that it stayed in place. Thankfully her pants had tiny belt loops to help support the holster. The gun Mircea had given her sat in its rightful place beneath her left arm. The sword she slid within the custom slot at the back of her jacket had been another gift from Mircea.

The hilt of the sword was hidden easily by her hair. Once her hair was placed over it, it was virtually invisible. She would have to thank Mircea later for both the jacket and the new sword. The coat; once she put it one, fit her like a glove and moved easily no matter what she did.

Once she was dressed, Abaddon left the bedroom in search of Mircea to let him know she was leaving for the metting with the Court. She wanted to peek in on Cade first to see how he was holding up. Abaddon reached the door to his room; which hadn’t been placed too far from their own, and she knocked lightly upon it’s surface. Without waiting for a reply, she entered. A single brow arched questioningly when she noticed that both Cade and Mircea were in the same room and weren’t attempting to kill each other. The looks from both men made her rethink her choice of attire. They both had the same damn expression. It looked as though they had both been hit with a sledgehammer between the eyes.

Kinta Sarrai
Star Wars RPG Moderator
Star Wars RPG Moderator

Female 58

Character Sheet
Other Characters:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Delamere on Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:43 pm

Cade visibly winced, as though Mircea had physically struck him. “Your child?”

Mircea, his head tilted to one side, simply responded, “I’m sorry.”

The two men sat in awkward silence, Cade stunned by the revelation and Mircea sympathetic to his pain. There was a soft knock on the door. Neither man moved to answer, but the door whispered open anyway. The crisp click of metal heels against the polished floor caused both men to look away from one another.

“I see you found your gifts,” Mircea’s honeyed accent was the first to disrupt the deafening silence. He smiled and stood, allowing Abaddon to take his seat. She looked ravishing in all black, the suede hugging every delicious curve. Mircea glanced over at Cade; her beauty hadn’t gone unnoticed by him either. Cade shifted uncomfortably in the covers, his hands suddenly clasped in his lap.

He swallowed hard, “You look amazing.” Cade couldn’t take his eyes off of her. The long coat failed to conceal her body. His eyes touched every part of her, from her curvy thighs up to the swell of her breasts. Cade couldn’t help but drink her in.

“A little early for the Court, don’t you think?” Mircea interrupted Cade’s dirty thoughts. The men exchanged a curious glance.

Cade could feel himself grow stiff beneath his covers, and he quickly turned his head, desperate for them to leave.

Delamere

Female 79

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kinta Sarrai on Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:10 pm

Always better to be early than late. And we all know how much the Court hates to wait on anyone. I also wanted to check on Cade.” Abaddon replied, sitting back in the chait Mircea had offered her. She crossed her legs in a single practiced movement, resting her hands on her knee almost casually. The pose seemed somewhat seductive even though she had no intention for it to be. She turned her attention back to Cade. “How are you feeling? My guess would probably be like hammered shit. Exorcisms are the most taxing on not just the body but the soul as you are now well aware.”

Her gaze flicked over to the end table. The necklaces were gone and she saw the subtle gimmer of platinum against Cade’s chest. Good, he had put them on which means he had also read her letter.

I trust you will give Tank a call as soon as possible and add to that collection of tattoo’s of yours.” Abaddon paused for a moment. “Some of his wards can act as weapons as well. I suggest you may want to get one of those also. You never know when you will be in a place, unarmed and find yourself in a stick situation.”

There was a thickening silence. There seemed to be questions unasked and so she gave a soft sigh, moving her hands to the arms of the chair. “I would assume that there are questions about what I am. Mircea knows quite a bit about it, though I am sure he has his own questions as well. Ask what you will and if I can answer them, then I will.”

Kinta Sarrai
Star Wars RPG Moderator
Star Wars RPG Moderator

Female 58

Character Sheet
Other Characters:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Delamere on Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:13 pm

Mircea, hands clasped behind his back, slowly paced the room, offering Cade and Abaddon limited privacy. The vampire stared at the floor, his mind wandering; Abaddon’s Libri – the powerful grimoire – monopolized his thoughts. Under Uriel’s capable hands, the choppy script had been transformed into an elegant work of art. The book held so many secrets, lowering the veil that stood between humans and the supernatural. It evened the odds, giving humanity a fighting chance against those entities that wished to destroy it.

“I’m feeling better, thanks.” Cade’s voice broke Mircea from his thoughts.

The vampire glanced up, “You certainly look it,” his voice steady despite his mood.

Cade ignored him, instead focusing his attention solely on Abaddon, “I do have a few questions.” His eyes narrowed slightly, “What the hell is going on?”

Mircea snorted, “You haven’t figured things out for yourself yet?”

Cade’s brow furrowed, “Stay out of this.” He stared Mircea down.

The vampire allowed a sinister smirk, “Watch your tongue, dog. You are, after all, in my house.”

Cade, tossing the soft blankets to the side, jumped out of bed. He was surprisingly steady on his feet, “Don’t you dare call me that.”

Delamere

Female 79

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kinta Sarrai on Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:14 pm

Enough both of you.” Abaddon stood up abruptly, placing the palm of her hand on the chest of both men. “That is enough. The enemy is not in here. It is out there, trying to take over another body and it may have even succeeded. We need to keep our heads in the game here. If you both want to go back to hating one another after this is all over then I won’t stand in the way, but until then, put it aside.” She gently pushed Cade back down onto the bed and Mircea into the chair she had just occupied. For now, she would remain standing.

What’s going on is exactly what the Catholic church and any other religious organization fears. It is the end of the word. The fight between good and evil and Hell has chosen Earth as it’s battleground. I am not a War Mage. I am of a secret order called The Angelic. We are War Angels sent to Earth in order to protect Humanity from the Demonic soilders that Lucifer is sending to collect souls to tip the battle more in his favor. The Angelic have been around for thousands of years, if not millions. I am not the leader of the Order, but I am the Second in Command. My name is Abaddon and I have the highest kill count of any Angelic sent to Earth. More so than our leader Michael. It tends to make Gabriel jealous.”

She turned her attention to Mircea for a moment. “You have already met Gabriel, Father Richards. And if I am not mistaken, Uriel has made herself known a few times already.”

Abaddon’s gaze flickered to Cade. “Do you remember anything about the Demon that attached to you? Perhaps his name? If we learn his name then we will have an advantage over him. Names have power and we can use that power to cast him back to where he belongs.”

Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

Kinta Sarrai
Star Wars RPG Moderator
Star Wars RPG Moderator

Female 58

Character Sheet
Other Characters:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Delamere on Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:38 pm

“The Angelic?” the words seemed foreign rolling off of his tongue. Cade stared at Abaddon, unable to wrap his mind around her revelation. She was an angel, an immortal like Mircea. Cade’s heart dropped, any connection he had had with Abaddon felt as though it had been severed.

“Do you remember anything about the Demon that attached to you? Perhaps his name? If we learn his name then we will have an advantage over him. Names have power and we can use that power to cast him back to where he belongs.”

Cade slowly shook his head, searching his memory for any details - any scraps. “I don’t remember much,” he paused, Mircea sniffed with indignation. Cade rolled his eyes, asshole.

He rose from the bed, feeling stronger by the minute; Abaddon’s exorcism had completely wiped his body clean of any evil. He felt alive again, invincible. “The daemon was male, I am sure of that.” Cade paused, absently playing with the pendants chained around his neck, “He referred to you as his sister.” Cade spun around, “Yes, I do remember that. He kept calling you ‘My sister... my sister’.”

Cade shrugged, “I’m sorry, sweetness,” he saw Mircea stiffen out of the corner of his eye, “I don’t remember much.”

“Well, this has been fruitful,” Mircea couldn’t help himself. He had offered Cade the relative safety of his home, and was repaid with betrayal. Cade had openly admitted to still desiring Abaddon, and showed no signs of being willing to back down.

“I know he was after something in your library, Mircea,” Cade fired back, he gently grasped Abaddon’s slender wrist, “What does your boyfriend have hidden amongst all of those books?”

Delamere

Female 79

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kinta Sarrai on Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:28 pm

Abaddon sighed softly.

It is a grimoire.” She replied, glancing down to where Cade’s fingers held her wrist. It was a gentle touch and one she found that burned nearly like a brand against her skin. Casually, she tugged her wrist free, fighting the urge to rub where his skin had touched hers. It wasn’t that it hurt. In fact, it had felt good, almost right and that scared her.

De Occulta Philosophia Libri III.” Abaddon continued, speaking the name of the ancient tome in a perfect accent. “The title is a mere facade for what really lies within it’s pages. Hidden in an ancient Magick are detailed pages of every preternatural creature on Earth. It makes the Book of Shadows look like a children’s story. Not only does it contain highly informative facts, but also ways to destroy nearly every creature on the planet that falls under the supernatural catageory.”

She sighed softly once more. “I wrote it thousands of years ago in hopes of giving Humanity a fighting chance should this battle ever come to fruition and I was not on this Earth.”

Abaddon grew silent for a moment as she thought about what Cade had said. “If he is called me his sister, then he must have been one of the Angelic at one time before cast out from His grace. There have been quite a few over the centuries, so it could be any one of them. I will have to do some more research once my meeting with the Court is over.”

Kinta Sarrai
Star Wars RPG Moderator
Star Wars RPG Moderator

Female 58

Character Sheet
Other Characters:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Delamere on Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:29 pm

The inky shadows began to recede as the sun made its appearance on the horizon. Cade, leaning against the black Mercedes, waited patiently for the Court to disperse. With morning quickly approaching, he knew it would only be a matter of minutes before the meeting ended and all of the pasty little night crawlers retreated into whatever black crevasse they had crawled out from.

He glanced down at his phone, a quarter of seven. He slid it back into his pocket and crossed his arms over his chest. He knew Abaddon would be surprised to see him, but he hoped it would be the good kind of surprised.

Mircea, alone in his bedroom, retrieved Abaddon’s Libri from its place of concealment. The Vampire had feigned exhaustion in order to get out of attending the meeting with Abaddon, and - truth be told - she didn’t seem too put out by his absence. Mircea flipped through the pages; hundreds of intricate sketches turned into a great blur. He stopped suddenly, his finger on the chapter entitled ‘Daemons’. His long nail ran down the page as he read; Abaddon had - step by step - described how to not only ward off a daemon, but also how to kill the nasty creatures.

Mircea snapped the book shut. He knew how to use the grimoire to his advantage.

“Abaddon,” Cade pushed away from her car when she first appeared at the door. He caught a brief expression of shock as it crossed her face, but if she were angered by his presence, she certainly didn’t show it.

“I’m sorry, I followed you,” he smiled and met her by the trunk of the Mercedes; his bike had been parked nearby. “I just... I needed a few minutes alone with you.” He tilted his head to one side, “I’m feeling much stronger now, you don’t have to worry.” When she didn’t answer, he continued, “Look, Mircea told me about the baby.” He looked away, suddenly uncomfortable, “And I’ll admit, I was pissed when I first found out, but I now realize just how selfish I was being.”

He boldly grasped her hand, “I was only thinking about myself.” He gave her a gentle squeeze, “While I should have been happy for you, for the life you have started, I was caught up in my own anger. I couldn’t stop thinking about how that should be my kid.” He stopped himself, and released her hand, “I’ve only come here to tell you that as long as you’re happy... that’s all that matters to me.”

Delamere

Female 79

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kinta Sarrai on Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:04 pm

Abaddon walked out of the Cathedral. It was an old abandoned church that had been renovated to house the Bloodstone Court. It was sort of ironic really that they had made their home in the house of God. She had caught glimpses of her Angelic image among the elaborately pained ceilings. It had an almost out of body experience to it. She was busy restocking her weapons that the Court had confinscated for the duration of her visit, and she didn’t notice Cade until he spoke her name. She glance up with a start, her fingers tightening momentarily on one of the silver knifes strapped to her right thigh. Knowing that he wasn’t hurt, or going to hurt her, she left her hand relax, falling away from the custom made holster for her knives that had been built into the black suede pants themselves. She watched him for a moment, noticing that his favorite pair of mirrored Aviator’s were pushed up onto his head. Though the sun was rising, it wasn’t bright enough to warrant the use of sunglasses just yet.

You have the right to your emotions, Cade.” She replied, leaning almost casually against the driver’s door to the sporty black Mercedes that Mircea had given her. “I should be the one apologizing to you. I’m the one who walked out and ran. I have never been good with letting anyone in. After my parents death, I was alone. Even being trained at the Vatican I was devoted to my studies. When I came back to the City, I had a chance with you to not feel lonely again. At the time, I couldn’t handle it and for a while I was so dedicated on finding what had murdered my family. I didn’t have time to persue the feelings that I was beginning to have so I put them on the back burner and tried to forget.”

Abaddon gave a soft sigh, but it wasn’t really in defeat. “You just wouldn’t let me forget. Every where I ended up, you were there. Perhaps not physically, but your memory was nagging at my subcouncious.”

The Force shall free me.

Kinta Sarrai
Star Wars RPG Moderator
Star Wars RPG Moderator

Female 58

Character Sheet
Other Characters:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Delamere on Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:53 pm

Cade nodded, a mirthless smile flickered on across his lips. “Maybe you never really wanted to forget.” He moved closer, using an arm to brace himself against the car. Cade towered over Abaddon, “I still love you,” he reached out and gently brushed a strand of hair away from her cheek, “That one night we had together, it meant a lot to me too.” His fingers trailed down to her neck, his mark noticeably gone. He withdrew his hand, a sad expression momentarily marred his handsome features.

“If you had the opportunity to do things differently, would you?”

“Yes, that should be fine,” Mircea stepped back from the drawing table, a large blueprint had been unraveled before him. “This will need to be constructed quickly and quietly.”

Proctor nodded, making several small notes, “I will give Mr. Kenadera a call.”

Mircea crossed his arms in front of his chest, “Do not forget to impress upon him the urgency of this matter.”

“Yes, sir,” Proctor began to roll the blueprint back up.

Mircea reached up and placed a hand on the large man’s shoulder, “Those symbols need to be carved exactly as I have instructed.”

“Of course, sir.”

“Any variation will render it useless.”

Proctor tucked the rolled up blueprint under one arm, “I understand.”

Delamere

Female 79

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kinta Sarrai on Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:40 pm

There had always been something about Cade that called to her. She never knew what it was and still had no clue. He seemed powerful standing mere inches from her, towering over her petite stature just a little over a foot. He placed a hand beside her head, resting his palm against the immaculate black paint of her car. He leaned towards her in a semi push-up and used his free hand to brush away a strand of hair from her face. Her breath hitched in her lungs and her heart felt like it was going to shatter when he admitted he still loved her. Would she change things if she had the opportunity? She didn’t know. Perhaps she would have changed things, or perhaps she was meant to make the decisions she already had.

It doesn’t matter if I would do things differently, Cade. They are what they are now and I can’t take them back and I am not entirely sure I would want to. I love Mircea, Cade, reguardless of what I may feel for you.”

Without waiting for a reply, Abaddon opened the driver’s door and slid into the hugging leather seats and out of the Wolf’s grasp. She needed to back away from him. His presence had always swarmed her, making her forget that there were other people around. She could have easily lost herself in him and that scared the shit out of her. She closed the door quickly so Cade didn’t have another chance to try to keep her there longer. When the engine roared to life, the stero followed and the music was loud enough to cut off any of his protests. Thankfully she didn’t have to wait for Cade to move his bike before she left. The driveway was circular and she sped off in the opposite direction, circling around and peeling out through the gated entrance.

Uriel stood a few feet away from the Shifter, her arms folded across her stomach. She leaned almost casually against the wrought iron fence her flaming red hair waving slightly in breeze of Abaddon’s departure.

You must be Cade.” She commented out loud, watching him whirl around. Her emerald green gaze took the Wolf in from head to toe. Abaddon certainly had some damn good taste. “I am Uriel. Abaddon’s sister, after a fashion.” She watched him move to his bike and swing a powerful leg over the sleek black Ninja. “She is going to need you in the times to come. Be vigilant and keep her safe, Cade. She is the savior of the Human race.”

The Force shall free me.

Kinta Sarrai
Star Wars RPG Moderator
Star Wars RPG Moderator

Female 58

Character Sheet
Other Characters:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Delamere on Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:10 pm

Cade watched as the red haired beauty vanished in a swirl of white mist. He looked down at his bike, the keys dangling from the ignition. “Savior of the human race,” he repeated the angel’s prediction. She had ordered him to protect Abaddon, warned him of terrible things to come. Cade had always looked out for his beloved, even when she was blissfully unaware of his presence, he had been close. Even when she had fled into Mircea’s arms, the Shifter had remained vigilant.

Cade glanced down at the pendants she had given him. He sighed, “Fucking, angels.” He leaned forward and started his bike, the engine roared to life. He flew out of the parking lot, pointing his bike toward his closed nightclub. Abaddon had left instructions for him to speak with Tank, his part time bouncer. Cade had always known that man was a little off, but until he had read her note, he hadn’t realized just how far off.

Thomas Kenadera, a well-known contractor and crook, stood in the middle of Mircea’s personal office “Okay, let me get this straight.” He turned, blue print in hand, to face the vampire, “You want me to build you a panic room within a week?”

“Yes, it is of the utmost importance that this project is finished expeditiously.” Mircea pointed out, “And this is not exactly your run-of-the-mill panic room.”

“Oh, I can see that,” Kenadera grumbled. He looked down at the plans once more, his client had been very specific, spelling out every detail -  down to the strange symbols that were to be carved into the walls, floors and ceilings. “Can I ask what these mean?” Kenadera pointed to the swirling characters Mircea had included in the building plans.

“No,” Mircea rose from his chair and pulled an overstuffed envelope from his desk drawer, “I am paying you triple your regular price, and I was assured that the questions would be kept to a minimum. I was also assured that you could do the work, down to the very last detail, within one week’s time.” The vampire smacked the fat envelope against his opened hand, “I was assured this wouldn’t be a problem. That pretty little receptionist - you know, the one that you’ve been sleeping with - was very insistent that you were the man for the job.”

Kenadera colored slightly.

Mircea’s eyebrows slowly lifted. He waved the envelope in front of Kenadera’s face.

“Fine,” the construction manager snatched the payment from his client’s hand, “You’ll have your panic room in a week.”

Delamere

Female 79

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kinta Sarrai on Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:07 pm

Chapter Two

The past week had drifted by slowly and Abaddon had found herself nearly going stir crazy. She had meditated, sparred with Proctor and researched as much as possible about the recent string of Demonic attacks, but she found herself at a dead end. It seemed that things had grown quiet, almost too quiet. There was an anxious feeling, a sense of unease that grew stronger as the days passed. She was sitting in the library, flipping through a few of the reports that the Bloodstone Court had given her reguarding other Demonic attacks throughout the City. The small stack of black file folders was stamped with the Court’s insignia. Each report was accompanied by a series of photographs that documented any physical evidence. Claw marks, bite marks and scorch marks from spontansour fire out breaks. The activity was certainly escalating. There were similiar similarities between the incidents but Abaddon knew they were dealing with more than one Demon. It wasn’t an uncommon occurance for Demonic beings to work together but it usually resulted in a betrayal in the end.

The shrill ring of her cell phone broke Abaddon’s concentration.

Abaddon.” She answered the call with a quick reply.

Abaddon, it’s Shang-Xi.” The voice over the other end of the phone replied. Shang-Xi was one of the higher ups for the Bloodstone Court. Mircea may have ran the Court, but Shang-Xi was his boss so to speak.

A pleasure to hear from you Master Xi.”

There was an audible sigh. “It won’t be when you find out why I have called. There’s been another attack. This one fresh.”

How fresh?” Her tone of voice instantly switched to her detective mode. Mircea had been right. She was certainly a damn good detective.

Not even an hour old. The City police have not been called on this one. We kept them out of it so that you would have the first shot at the scene.”

Where is it?” She inquired, grabbing a small pad and pen to write down the address of some warehouse in one of the more seedy districts of the City proper. “I’ll head out now.”

Happy hunting, Abaddon.” Shang-Xi hung up before she could make a comment.

She had left a note for Mircea. The past week he had been busy, renovating one of the guest rooms into an office for her official Bloodcourt Police use. She hadn’t gotten her badge yet, but the Court had given her permission to use whatever means necessary to stop these attacks on the preternatural community. They even told her she was allowed to pick a team of specialists to use. Abaddon hadn’t contacted anyone yet, but she had made a list of names of certain individuals that she wanted. Tank was one of them. His knowledge of Wards would certainly come in handy if they had to trap a Demon. Strangely, she had put Cade’s name down as well. He was a Shifter and therefore faster, stronger and had higher senses than most of the other supernatural beasties out there. As she had expected, Mircea wasn’t entirely happy that she had named Cade in her list, but he had understood her reasoning.

Abaddon had left the note on Mircea’s desk. It was usual for her to leave notes when she left the house, letting him know where she was going. If she was running late, he was only a phone call away. Her Mercedes she had left parked in the driveway the night before and it was still where she had left it. Thankfully Proctor had left it there rather than returning it to the garage as was his habit. Maybe she was finally breaking him out of it. Within minutes, Abaddon shot down the driveway, heading for the address of the crime scene.

The shadows grew thicker on Route 23, The trees seemed to almost sway as if they had life of their own. It was eerie, and certainly creepy. The LED highbeams of Abaddon’s care sliced through most of the darkness with a startling brightness. Suddnely, in the path before her in the dead center of the road was a solid black mass.

Shit!” Abaddon nearly screamed, slamming on the brakes. She turned the wheel sharply to the right in hopes of avoiding the mass. She heard a very loud growl, followed by a deafening screech of twisting metal. There was the destinctive smell of something burning as the creatures claws sliced her car nearly in half from the front of the vehicle to the back. The Mercedes came to a stop just at the edge of the ten foot drop.

Thinking quickly, she pulled her gun from it’s holster as she attempted to yank off her seat belt. Before she could sight the mass, it was by her side of the vehicle. It had to be at least nine feet tall. The eyes glowed orange in the thick darkness that made up it’s body. At the end of it’s long black arms were sharp talon like claws that it used to grip the underside of the Mercedes.

Die.” It growled audibly, tipping the car over those last few inches and over the edge.

Last edited by Abaddon on Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:41 pm; edited 3 times in total

Kinta Sarrai
Star Wars RPG Moderator
Star Wars RPG Moderator

Female 58

Character Sheet
Other Characters:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Delamere on Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:18 pm

The nightmare had been so vivid; the terrifying image of her bloodied face forever etched itself in his mind’s eye. The mangled wreckage resembled Abaddon’s black Mercedes, smoke billowing from the ruined car. Cade shivered atop his bike as he rumbled down the deserted road. Route 23 led out of the City, running through countless dense forests and alongside several steep drop offs. It could be a difficult stretch of highway to traverse if one was unfamiliar with the area.

The dream, the one where Abaddon was killed, had woken him up every night that week. Every time, his heart pounded so rapidly inside of his chest. Last night had been no different, he awoke with a start, chest aching, and mouth dry. Cade felt as though he was going crazy, but he couldn’t shake the feeling that Abaddon was in trouble. After all, the angel had warned him to keep an eye on her -  protect her.

Cade picked up speed, the inky haze was starting to lift. It was odd. One minute, skies had been clear and his visibility had been unobstructed, but the weather suddenly changed, a dark mist had settled over the lonely stretch of road, blanketing everything in an unnerving fog.

Another mile or so down the road was a sharp turn. The road butted up against a steep drop off; signs along the road warned drivers of the approaching hazard. Cade cautiously slowed his bike, finally breaking free of the dissipating fog.

“No, no, no,” he mumbled. An ashy smoke was billowing up from the other side of the road. He couldn’t see what was causing the acrid vapor, but he knew it was her car. It was just like the nightmare. As he pulled his bike along side the road, Cade silently prayed that he wasn’t too late.

Mircea sighed, placing Abaddon’s note onto his desk. The vampire, an arm hooked behind his back, stared listlessly at the crackling fire. She had been distant the last week, barely acknowledging him when they had crossed paths. Something was weighing heavily on her mind, but she had seemed reluctant to share with him, or perhaps she had tried, only to find him preoccupied with the grimoire and the construction of his panic room. He had been secretive, unreachable, during the week as well. Mircea sniffed, deciding that he would need to make it up to her as soon as she had returned home. His petty rivalry with Cade had also put a damper on his relationship with Abaddon. She cared the for dog despite their checkered past, and Mircea was just going to have to deal with that.

He paused, his thoughts suddenly interrupted by the lack of noise coming from the adjacent room. He had paid Kenadera another ten thousand to work through the night in order to finish what he had started. Mircea glanced at his watch, they couldn’t possibly be finished already.

The vampire reluctantly left his office, and walked the short distance to the guest room, “Finished already, Thomas?” He pushed the door open and stopped. His hand instinctively reached for his gun.

The room was covered in red; the walls, floors, and even the ceilings had dreadful smears of human blood all over them. Why he hadn’t smelled it before baffled him. The vampire, a revolver in hand, slowly stepped further into the room. The entire crew - more appropriately what was left of the entire crew - had been painted over the bedroom. Blood, sinew, and even brain matter had been splattered everywhere.

There was a muffed noise behind him; Mircea spun around, gun at the ready, “Proctor.” He sounded relieved, lowering his weapon.

Proctor smiled, a queer little smirk, “Guess again, Mircea.” Proctor’s eyes rolled into the back of his head, “The name is Astaroth.” A beefy hand shot out, driving a large hollowed out metal rod into Mircea’s chest.

He cried out and fired his weapon. Proctor stumbled backwards, the bullet tearing a massive hole though his abdomen.

“Fuck,” the daemon growled, “You ruined this meat sack.” He brushed at the bloodied shirt, “And I liked this one.”

Mircea dropped to his knees, struggling to breathe. He looked down at his chest, a bewildered expression on his face. A rounded piece of metal piping stuck out of his body; a steady stream of blood flowed through it, splashing against the polished wood floor. He could feel his ruined heart slow to a thready beat as his life force leaked from him. He lamely pulled at the rod, but he was already too weak.

“Just let it happen, sweet Mircea,” Astaroth knelt down in front of the vampire, “Just let death take you.” He reached out and ran his fingers through Mircea’s hair, “You’ve wanted this for centuries, haven’t you?” He smiled, revealing a row of perfectly white teeth. Astaroth grasped the metal rod and twisted it, driving it completely through Mircea’s heart, “I was hoping to catch Abaddon here as well.” He laughed, “Oh well, with you out of the way, she’ll be easy enough to find - you know, fucking that Shifter.”

The vampire gurgled once, feebly lashing out at the daemon before finally collapsing into a bloody heap.

Astaroth rose, and clasped Proctor’s large hands together, “Sweet dreams, vampire.”

“Abaddon!” Cade called her name from the roadside. The car was a mangled mess, just like how he had seen it in the nightmare. His heart was pounding, threatening to bust through his aching chest. The wolf tore his coat off and sat down at the edge of the drop off. Using his powerful claws, Cade slipped over the side and easily dropped down to where the ruined Mercedes had landed. He climbed atop the smoking wreck and began to tear at the twisted metal. He peeled back what had once been part of the roof and peered inside.

“You’re going to be okay, I’m here,” he could see her, crumpled up, her face bloodied. “Hold on,” he begged, pulling at the wreckage with such fury he failed to notice his one bloodied hands. His eyes changed, his teeth and nails lengthened as he continued to force the hole bigger and bigger. Finally, he had gained entry to Abaddon and he swiftly pulled her from the smoldering wreck.

He dragged her for several yards until he was sure they were a safe distance from the car. He gently laid her on the ground, “Can you hear me?” He checked her vitals, she was still alive, but just barely.

Cade quickly tore his shirt off and wrapped it around her head to stop the profuse bleeding. She was covered, from head to toe, in red. Cade wasn’t sure which area needed the most attention, and so he held her hand, “You’re going to be fine. You have to be,” He whispered, pulling his cellphone from his jeans.

Delamere

Female 79

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kinta Sarrai on Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:01 pm

She felt weightless, floating on a peaceful rise back to His arms.

There was a sudden sharp pain in her arm.

If we don’t move her now, we’re going to loose her.”

Funny, those words shouldn’t be in her dream. Pushing aside the confusion, she continued to float, soaring up to the stars.

Move her. Now!”

That voice again, but she could see the white light in the distance. It was fading now, growing weak and she knew she wasn’t going to make it.

Darkness decended rapidly and she came back into herself with a start, a burning jolt in her chest. She screamed wordlessly, nearly bolting upright but there was pressure holding her down. Her arms and legs wouldn’t budge and it only made her right harder against whatever it was holding her down.

Hold her down, damnit!”

The voice from her dream.

She already lost the baby, we don’t want to loose her too!”

The baby? What baby? Somethin jabbed into her left arm. There was a tingle that worked its way into her veins, slowly spreading to her limbs. Little by little her body relaxed and she felt herself finally succumb to the darkness.

Kinta Sarrai
Star Wars RPG Moderator
Star Wars RPG Moderator

Female 58

Character Sheet
Other Characters:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Delamere on Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:59 pm

Cade sighed, hanging up his phone. He had been trying to get a hold of Mircea, but to no avail. Even the manservant, Proctor, had ignored his calls. He slipped his phone back into his pants pocket; he’d try again in a few minutes.

Cade nervously paced the ER’s waiting room, uncomfortable in the stiff white t-shirt one of the nurses had given him to wear. He glanced down at his watch; he had been waiting nearly two hours and there was still no word from the doctor. Abaddon had been so severely injured that they had rushed her through the swinging doors so quickly he hadn’t had time to kiss her goodbye. He would get another chance, Cade continued to remind himself. She was going to be all right.

“Mr. Davinyoung?”

Cade spun around, “Yes? That’s me.” He quickly pushed through the crowd of sick people, all waiting for their turn.

“Um… Mr. Davinyoung,” the attending physician flipped through a stack of papers, “This is your wife?”

Cade hesitated, “Abaddon?”

The doctor nodded, waiting for an answer.

Cade, fearing he’d be turned away if it were revealed that he had no connection to Abaddon, quickly responded, “Yes, she is my wife.”

The doctor sighed and held the clipboard against his chest, “Follow me, please.” He pointed toward a quiet corner of the room, “Over here, please, where we won’t be disturbed.”

She felt so warm against his skin. Cade clasped her limp hand, gently squeezing, “Abaddon?” He whispered. Another hour had passed, and there was still no sign of Mircea. He had called dozens of times, left messages, and had even asked a friend to stop by the mansion. Still nothing.

Cade checked his phone, a new message blinked on the screen.

No one answered the door.

Cade shook his head, where was the bastard? The woman he supposedly loved had been critically injured, but he couldn’t be bothered to visit her. He slipped the phone out of sight.

“I’m so sorry about the baby,” he whispered. The soft beeping of the hospital equipment nearly drowned out his voice, “I wish I had gotten there sooner.” Cade, pressing his forehead against the back of her hand, closed his eyes and prayed.

Delamere

Female 79

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kinta Sarrai on Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:13 pm

She could smell Cade’s familiar cologne and it offered her a sense of comfort when her entire body was a twisting mass of pain. Something almost feverishly warm was holding her hand. When she opened her eyes, the light was virtually blinding. A bright constant stream of endless white that was already giving her one hell of a headache. Abaddon wanted to roll over and bury herself into the warmpth at her side, but she couldn’t move. Turning her head to the side, she noticed that her other arm was strapped to a board and covered with all sorts of tubes. She turned her head to the other side and saw Cade sitting in a chair beside the bed with his head bowed in what appeared to be prayer.

How long have I been uncouncious?” She asked, her voice raw and husky, feeling alot like sand paper.

Jesus. You scared the hell out of me Abaddon.” Cade lifted his head and she could see the faint glimmer of old tears glittering in his thick eye lashes. "Only a few hours."

Scared the hell out of myself.” She replied with a faint smile in hopes of breaking the tension within the room. She always hated hospitals. They made her feel like she was some kind of experiment. “How’s the baby?” Abaddon watched as his face fell,  his expression turning utterly dark, grief stricken. “Cade, what happened to the baby?” Her voice began to rise as sheer panic began to set in.

I-I’m sorry Abaddon, but the baby didn’t survive the crash.”

For a moment, it felt as if her heart had stopped. Her free hand slipped from Cade’s grasp and moved down to her abdomen.

No.” She said softly. “No.” Her voice began to rise until she was shouting. “No, no, no, no!” It ended in a wordless scream that echoed off the walls of her room. A couple of the nurses on duty ran into the room only to back out a moment later when Cade began to slowly shake his head.

She felt the bed move as he climbed onto it with her, pulling her shaking form into his arms and holding her as tight as he could without causing her any more pain. His heart was breaking for her, his feelings shoved aside in Abaddon’s moment of grief and agony.

Where’s Mircea?” She inquired once her sobbing had subsided. She felt empty, nearly void of any emotion and yet a deep rage was setting in.

No one has been able to get a hold of him.”

Abaddon frowned. That wasn’t like him at all. He normally would have always answered his cell phone.

What about Proctor?”

Him either.”

Cade, somethings wrong.”

Kinta Sarrai
Star Wars RPG Moderator
Star Wars RPG Moderator

Female 58

Character Sheet
Other Characters:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Delamere on Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:12 pm

He had been reluctant to leave her side, but Abaddon had insisted. Despite her life threatening wounds, and despite the tragic loss of her child, she had begged him to visit the mansion. She was worried about Mircea, a man who apparently couldn’t even be bothered to visit her in the hospital. Cade had refused, at first, imploring her to rest, but she had been relentless. He had eventually given in.

With a heavy heart, Cade dismounted the bike, staring up at the darkened windows. The mansion looked desolate and lacked any sign of life. The Shifter pulled his jacket tightly around his shoulders, there was an odd chill in the air. The silence surrounding the sprawling estate was unnerving; he knew something was indeed wrong.

Cade jogged up the front steps, the thud of his boots echoed loudly as he approached the front door. He pounded on the solid wood, his hand balled into a fist.

“Mircea!” he bellowed, quickly losing patience. He stepped back and listened intently. Cade couldn’t hear anything on the other side of the door, and so he stepped forward, pounding both fists against the splintering wood.

“You fucking prick!” he called out, “Answer the goddamn door!” Still no response.

Frustrated and eager to return to Abaddon’s side, Cade moved back to the very edge of the steps. Taking a running start, he leapt into the air and smashed both feet against the door. The wood splintered and the heavy door buckled under the pressure. Cade twisted in the air and landed on all fours, “Shit.” He jumped back up and assessed the damage. His kick had broken the lock and dislodged the handle, and he easily gained access to the mansion, nudging the door open with his shoulder.

Mircea was obviously dead, his dark eyes completely glazed over, staring into the distance. Cade sighed, gently closing the vampire’s eyes. “I’m sorry,” he whispered before standing upright. The room was a complete disaster, blood and body parts splattered everywhere. He moved silently through the mess, careful to avoid touching anything. A small portion of the back wall was missing, and judging by the concentration of blood, the majority of the workers had been trying to retreat through the opening.

Cade gingerly stepped through the swirls of blood and peered through the wall, “Oh no.”

Cade stepped over the threshold and into what appeared to be a nursery. The walls had been freshly painted several different pastel colors, strange symbols had been carved into the walls, ceilings, and the floor. Some symbols were obvious while others had been cleverly hidden amongst the decor. His boots were silent on the plush carpeting, he slowly walked around the hidden room. Mircea had gone to great lengths to have this nursery built, crazy symbols and all.

Cade moved passed the crib and paused. A dusty box had been crammed behind it. He knelt and pulled the box free, dragging it into the open.

“Shh!”

Cade jumped to his feet and spun around, a young man, perhaps only twenty years old, crawled out from behind the changing table.

Cade seized the man and slammed him against a nearby wall, “What happened here?” His eyes intensified.

The young man began to sob, “He’s still here!” He pointed toward the doorway, “He’s waiting just out there!”

Cade looked over his shoulder, “Who?” No one was there, “Who is waiting?”

The young man, his eyes wide with terror, whispered, “The Devil!”

Cade lowered him to the floor, “I didn’t see anyone when I came in. I think he’s gone.”

Vigorously shaking his head, the young man pointed toward the dusty box Cade had discovered, “He’s still here. He wanted me to bring him that.”

Cade looked down, “Why doesn’t he just come in here and get it?”

“I don’t know. He just can’t come in here.”

There was a sudden flurry of movement at the doorway, Cade spun around, “Shit, Proctor, you scared me.” The hulking manservant shrugged his wide shoulders and motioned for Cade and the young man to follow him. “Come on, kid,” Cade mumbled to the trembling man. He stooped and hoisted the dusty box into his arms.

“It’s him,” the man choked on his words, the front of his pants darkened as a fresh stream of urine ran down his legs.

Cade slowly turned, Proctor motioned again - a peculiar smile on his lips.

“Why don’t you come in here and help me with this guy?” Cade felt his heart quicken.

Proctor slowly shook his head, “We haven’t the time. Follow me.”

Delamere

Female 79

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kinta Sarrai on Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:37 pm

They’re not going anywhere with you, Demon.” There was a bright flash of white as Uriel materialized behind Proctor, her bright white wings blazing in full glory. Her hand clasped heavily on the man’s shoulder. There was a crunch of glass as the holy water vial that had been held within her hand shattered against Proctor. There was a loud scream that echoed with the Demon’s voice hidden deep within the man servant’s. “I cast you out, Astaroth. In the name of God begone from this man. Begone from this house and bother Humanity no more.”

You will die, just like Abaddon!” The Demon hissed.

Keep up with current events, Astaroth. Abaddon is alive.” Uriel replied, shoving a pure silver crucifix against Proctor’s forehead. The Demon screamed in agony, releasing it’s hold on the Human. He couldn’t maintain his control over the body while in a blessed house for too long. Proctor sank to the floor heavily, supporting himself on his hands and knees as he vomited a thick black oily mass onto the floor just as Cade had done weeks prior. Once all traces of Astaroth were gone, Uriel poked her head into the room making sure she was careful not to pass the threshold.

Cade?” She inquired, her blazing green eyes locking onto the Wolf’s face. “We need to get back to Abaddon. If Astaroth finds her in the state she is in now, it may very well be the end.”

Kinta Sarrai
Star Wars RPG Moderator
Star Wars RPG Moderator

Female 58

Character Sheet
Other Characters:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Delamere on Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:12 pm

Uriel, in a brilliant flash of white, disappeared into thin air, leaving Cade and the young construction worker alone in the mansion. The Shifter glanced at his unwitting companion, the man visibly shaken by his ordeal, “Get out of here, now.” His voice was steady despite the panic welling up inside of him. Cade waited as the stranger bolted out of the room, nearly tripping over Proctor’s lifeless body.

Cade dropped the box and swiftly approached the fallen manservant. Kneeling, he rolled Proctor over, revealing a nasty bullet wound in his abdomen. “Shit,” Cade mumbled. Proctor was gone, probably dead long before the daemon had been exercised - his corpse animated by pure evil.

“What are you doing?” Abaddon’s voice was weak, but she was alert.

Cade, his hair mussed and boots splattered with dried blood, frantically moved along the walls. His eyes were wild, “It’s all right, just rest.” He dug the blade of his pocket knife into the plaster, carving an archaic symbol into the hospital room’s wall. He clutched the grimoire in one hand, frequently consulting the tattered pages. He moved to the last wall, stabbing the blade deep.

“What the hell is going on in here?” a nurse entered, the metal tray slipped from her fingers, clattering against the polished linoleum. She moved quickly, her body a blur. Cade yelped as she dug her nails into his throat, tearing him away from his frantic work. The nurse flung him across the room, his body slamming against the opposite wall.

“Hello, sister,” the nurse smiled at Abaddon, her eyes rolling into the back of her head. “Do you remember me?” Astaroth stalked closer, pulling a razor sharp scalpel from the uniform’s front pocket. “You’re looking a bit under the weather, dear.”

Astaroth stood at the bed’s side, the lethal blade glimmering in the fluorescent lighting, “Last time we chatted, we were so rudely interrupted.” He seemed mesmerized by the blade, “Small, isn’t it?” He sliced at the air in front of her face, “But so very precise.” The possessed nurse smiled gleefully, “I’m going to use this to cut your heart out. Slowly.”

There was a flurry of movement.

“No! Bad dog!” Astaroth stepped back; the nurse lashed out, trying to stop Cade, but the Shifter was too quick. He threw himself against the wall and stabbed his knife into the plaster, dragging it downward - finishing the symbol.

The nurse let out a terrible screech, throwing back her head. A mass of black oil spurted from her lips and splashed against the ceiling. Cade slid to the floor, chest heaving. He watched as Astaroth’s dark spirit disappeared, seeping up through the ceiling.

Delamere

Female 79

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kinta Sarrai on Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:35 pm

She watched Cade frantically carve those familiar ancient symbols into the hospital room walls. He was covered in dried blood, his normally perfect hair in disarray. There was an urgency to his movements that made her want to jump up and scream at him, to demand what was going on, but deep down she already knew. Her suspicions were confirmed when the nurse came into the room. The air grew thicker, making it harder to breathe. The nurses’ eyes rolled back into her head and began to glow an eerie bright shade of orange.

Astaroth.” Abaddon said softly, knowing that it was one of his minions who had caused her car to flip over the edge. And it was this very Demon before her who had caused the death of her lover Mircea as well as the death of their unborn baby. Mircea had sacraficed himself to save not only her and their baby, but also the City and quite possibly even the world. She knew that his soul would not be going to Hell. It would go to Heaven and would not be redeemable. In other words, Abaddon would not be able to return his soul to the land of the living but when her time came to return to His grace, she would see Mircea again.

Before Abaddon could respond to the Demon’s threats however, Cade finished the last symbol. The nurse screamed, pitching backwards and spewing forth that tell-tale black mass of oil that was Astaroth’s spiritual form. Once the room was quiet and the nurse was placed into the bed in which she had occupied, she knew that they had to get out of that hospital. To find someplace safe until they could regroup. Abaddon only needed another twenty four hours to be fully healed of her injuries and then, Hell and it’s Demons were going to pay.

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.

Kinta Sarrai
Star Wars RPG Moderator
Star Wars RPG Moderator

Female 58

Character Sheet
Other Characters:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 10:23 pm

Sponsored content